The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 1 week; the average amount of time for an animator to complete 3.7 seconds of footage
- 3.5 inches, the cuff-to-cuff measurement of baby Eggs’ sweater (created on an embroidery machine to produce irregular lines, like a hand-knitted garment). His little socks are only ⅝” long
- 4 scenes per week was the goal for each animator
- 14 different fabrics were used in Lord Portley-Rind’s white hat
- 24 kinds of weeds were created for backgrounds by the greens department
- 55 different sculpts of prop cheeses were made; different scale sizes were needed for wide, medium and close shots
The 7th image… oh man..how do they animate water so that the wave lights animate alongside the character animation?? Is that some 3D printed water right there that they switch out over and over??? A light projection thru glass? Dying to know how it works. Everything about how Laika makes movies is real actual magic
i’m so excited for this movie
Bioshock Infinite Concept Art
Nicholas Angel & Danny Butterman [1/8]
↳ "You’re off the fucking chain!"
you can preach about slut-shaming all you want, but you can’t deny there’s something very wrong with 13 and 14-year old girls going out in skirts and dresses so short they barely cover their asses and shirts with necklines so low they show off cleave they haven’t got yet, drinking and even smoking and hooking up with guys before they even have a substantial knowledge of how sex and sexual relationships work.
Thank YOU HOLY SHIT
I’d have to go ahead and point out that young girls of 13 or 14 are merely mirroring what they think it means to be a woman. You’re right, they are too young to understand what they’re doing. They grow up surrounded by women they admire and respect being endlessly objectified in the papers, on tv, at school, on the streets, possibly at home. All because of this culture that has been created by the males who insist upon over sexualising the female body. These young generations grow up to think that there is no other option, they don’t know any different and so they play in to what they think is expected of them. They pose is uncomfortable positions and take photos of themselves with provocative faces because they want to fit in to this fucked up society we’ve all played a part in creating.
Slut shaming is slut shaming, asshole. Targeting the youngest of us all is simply the worst thing you could do for this movement.
new york. june, 2014.
THERE’S NO TIME!!! HE CAN FLY!!!!
i relate so deeply to this video, this video is what it truly means to be “popular” on tumblr